Search This Blog

Friday, April 13, 2007

A Lenten Trek


If there was one thing that really touched me during my entire bar exam struggle, it was the fact that there were just so many who prayed hard for me to make it.

When I reached home Holy Thursday, my first public appearance was in Church and I was overwhelmed by the warm reception of the people. It was clear from the faces of those who congratulated me (and it was like my entire hometown population) that my feat made them happy and proud. And they all shared in my victory because they all did their part in storming the gates of Heaven.

Before the grueling September exams, my brother Louie and cousin Elaine decided to visit all the chapels in our island town and prayed to all the patron saints of the barrios. They made a vow to return should I be blessed.

They made good on their promise on Good Friday, this time, with me in tow. And it was a refreshing experience. I was able to say my prayer of thanks and met people I have long missed.

We crossed hills, rocks, dirt roads and some sea under the scorching heat of the summer sun, but it did not tire us much. Maybe there was something in the activity that simply soothes the spirit.

for sure I was not able to thank all those who shared in my pleas for graces. So to all of them, I bow my head and offer my sincerest gratitude.

Maraming Salamat po!

No comments: