Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Dreaming of Leaving

I got my visa to the United States in 2001 while I was still working in Taipei. It was a multiple entry, ten-year visa. I got it without any sweat as my application was endorsed by our de facto embassy in Taiwan. Connections do work, even abroad.

I have always hoped I could use it since then, but no such luck. My schedules, both in school and with the office, were in constant conflict. Now, the visa is way past half its age and it may just expire unused (think of dying a virgin and you’ll know the level of frustration I’m having, he he).

But hope springs eternal, as the cliché goes.

I just received an e-mail from a kababayan with an offer of free accommodations. Whoa! Was I excited! With no more classes to consider, I realized that there is indeed a possibility I could go. It’s just a matter of finding the right timing. Making the itinerary will be easy after that.

Hmm. Will the trip ever come true? I sure hope it will.

Been to much stress lately, I guess I need to be in an entirely different atmosphere. Will a white Christmas be too much to ask?

We’ll see.

14 comments:

Oman said...

Panyero... Change is good, but is it necessary? Since passing the BAR, a lot of doors have opened. A lot of offers have came in - most requires change. I know I need a change (I have been with the same office for 10 years now), but should it be sooner than it ought to be? I dunno... like you, I am still thinking of my next move. But I am in no hurry.

Rochelle said...

Well if you come this way... I know you will enjoy yourself. I hate that my passport only has a few stamps. Most of my immediate family is now here, but most of them return home often. I suppose there is nothing like home.

Always Faith said...

Yep, like Rochelle said, if you come this way, I know you'll enjoy it. I have a friend/acquaintance in Japan and she comes over about once a year and every time she comes, she doesn't want to leave to go back.

carlotta1924 said...

sa dinami-dami ng punta ko sa US, never pa ako naka experience ng winter. =) hamo magkakatotoo na rin yan soon. =)

aajao said...

go. you deserve the much-needed break. while visiting is advisable, staying there for good would be another story.

good luck!

atto aryo said...

Pañero: You're right. No need to hurry things. It would be good to weigh all possible options first before we choose what's best. For me, I have already figured out how I'd face life if I pass the bar. Leaving for "greener" (the bucks, I mean he he)pastures has always been there, tickling my mind.

atto aryo said...

Rochelle, Faith, Carlotta and Nonoy:

If I leave this year, it will just be for a visit. I will however be training my sights to possible avenues for a return -- for good if possible. Nothing definite really.

I just want to check out the snow. He he.

aajao said...

lol. snow is enjoyable only on the first day. unless you will go tobogganing, then everything else about the snow is unpleasant. especially if you need to travel on the roads. :D

bah.. talking about snow in spring season makes me miss autumn. lol. does that make sense? haha!

Anonymous said...

sama ako! hehe... ikaw nga tong anak ng haciendero eh! kasi mag totour ka pa sa states!

atto aryo said...

Nonoy: That's the point, sir. I have to experience snow, good or bad, para me ma-share naman akong kwento, he he. You know, like talking about it in spring mkes me miss autumn, he he.

Truth is, mahina ako sa lamig. Baka pag natuloy, sa bahay lang mauubos ang stay ko. Ewan.

atto aryo said...

Janus: Kasya ka ba sa bag? :-)

Abaniko said...

Usually, you only have to worry about the round-trip fare to the US. There are a lot of kababayans and relatives who are more than willing to give you a free accommodation. They will even go out of their way to entertain you. They'll really show you around. I'm sure you'll soon see the US. PAg di ka na busy. Hehe.

atto aryo said...

Yes Abaniko. I'm now seeing a ray of hope. Me nakalkal akong kayamanan sa baul kagabi. Tamang tama pang round trip!

gonkyouka said...

hahaha i now feel the frustration you have since i think of dying when im still a virgin lolz