Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2009

Asakusa on A Freezing Day

A former boss of mine was in Tokyo last week and I had to tour her around. I know it's officially springtime, but I had reservations about roaming around town in the still wintery cold. I was right. Because Friday surprised us with more than just the usual chill - it snowed! And it's the end of February, for chrissakes!

But of course, we have to do the drill - check out Tokyo for the requisite picture taking and souvenir shopping. So off we went to Asakusa, where the most famous shrine in the city lies. No visit to Tokyo is complete without having a picture near the giant japanese lantern. And of course, Asakusa also is home to the streetside tiangge where all japanese mementos can be bought.

So amidst the reluctant snow and the pricking cold, we visited the shinto shrine and then hopped from one shop to another. All the time I was just watching the ladies as they checked every merchandise possible. In the end, I know we found some bargains, but I'm not sure if our discounts were enough to compensate for my sore wet feet afterwards. Nope, I'm not complaining. I was actually raring to show my former boss my gratitude, and I would have loved to do everything she requests for while she was here. It's just that I really still am not acclimatized to the cold.
More so when the news showed that the it's above 30 degress in Manila. Darn, I'd love that!



9 comments:

escape said...

beautiful japan. i think in japan, you'll have unlimited subject for photography.

The Gasoline Dude™ said...

Bakit parang walang is-now sa pictures? = P

carlotta1924 said...

grabe parang summer na nga dito lalo na nung weekend. sarap pumunta ng beach! hehe =) isipin mo na lang ang summer dito para mainitan ka kahit paano :D

nga pala, yung sa last pic ba eh carving ng dragon? nice!

Anonymous said...

Sino bang masaya pagtaglamig? Dito nga walang "snow" at di hamak na mas mataas ang temperatura kaysa dyan. Pero ayokong naka "heater" pag natutulog o di kaya sapin sapin ang suot na damit.

atto aryo said...

dong: oo nga. hassle lang talaga this season kaya point and shoot lang muna gamit.:-)

atto aryo said...

Gasdude: He he. Tama ka. Sandali lang yung snow. Lusaw na pagkahapon!

atto aryo said...

carlotta: the spirit is willing pero di talaga kaya. di ko maimagine ang init habang nanginginig! he he. yung pic, di ko rin alam. papahulaan ko nga sana kung ano yan. :-)

atto aryo said...

blogusvox: andami ko nga laging labahin dahil sapin-sapin ang suot! he he

Anonymous said...

taym pers, andito ka pa ba?! ;-)