Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

One Fine Eyeball

I met one of the more famous residents of Blogville last night. His site has always been one of my favorite reads and I admit to getting excited to finally put a face to the peculiar web pseudonym.

I felt a tinge of apprehension as I approached the meeting place. I knew that many bloggers are of the intellectual, condescending type and my islander upbringing may not jive with their urban chic. Baka biglang magtakbuhan pag nakita ako!

Happily, the eyeball turned out fine. The blogger and his friend were cordial and down-to-earth; the types I get along with. After the initial awkward introductions, our conversations flowed like we were long-time friends.

This, I guess, is one good thing with meeting bloggers. While technically strangers to each other, you already share a lot of prior personal information that could serve as foundations for the establishment of rapport later on. Unless of course, the parties set fancy expectations that could push them back in case the bubble bursts. But that’s another story.

I had very modest expectations last night as I simply wanted to unveil the person behind the blog. And I wasn’t disappointed. Truth be told, I actually pegged my beer consumption to two bottles max, but given the enjoyable discussion that ensued, the limit was breached by so many folds. The hangover notwithstanding, I am happy with the thought that I just started a new network of friends. Masaya to!

12 comments:

Abaniko said...

At muntikan nang di ka pumunta sa venue dahil sa delayed SMS. Di tayo nagkaintindihan. Buti na lang pinaunlakan mo kami. Hehe. Thanks for the chat last night. H. likes you a lot. Masarap ka raw kausap. O, ayan na!

carlotta1924 said...

minsan nakakakaba ang eb para sakin kasi di ko alam ang gagawin/sasabihin ko.

glad you had a nice one =)

KRIS JASPER said...

second the motion.. glad u had a nice 1..

Gypsy said...

After the first three paragraphs, I was already wondering how much beer you all downed...and I did got my answer..heheh. Glad you guys met, Abaniko is a fun person to talk to, did he bring his best friend Canon? ;)

aajao said...

i used to attend a LOT of EB's during PEx's (PinoyExchange.com) colorful years. ngayon, puro bloggers na ang bago kong online friends. i have met a few and they were all good meet ups :)

hxero said...

oi off topic... tag kita ha... here's the link: http://taorinpoako.blogspot.com/2007/10/jonas-tag.html

Oman said...

hey panyero, how's d halloween? umuwi ka ba?

Admin said...

Haha! Ako naman ay sanay na sa mga EB because of my blog..

I met different kinds of people and personalities...

Hayz!

Lazarus said...

i haven't been to bloggers' eb. sa badminton eb lang, i've met many people na. it's good to hear na you had a great time.

atto aryo said...

Carlotta: Ur right. Mamya kasi di ba di nman masyadong ok ang ka EB mo. Kaya ready ka lang lagi with your escape clause. he he

Kris: thanks

Gypsy: at sino si Canon sa buhay ni Abaniko? :-)

atto aryo said...

nonoy: sali naman ako sa mga EB na yan. :-)

hxero: gagawin ko po yung tag mo. medyo mabilisan lang tong mga posts ko ngayon.

Lawstude: di na ko nakauwi. nov. 2 kasi ang flight ko.

Intsik: yup! we'd luv to see you here in manila. just notify us.

atto aryo said...

Richard: it's good ok ang EBs mo. Am looking forward to more of this in the future.

Lazarus: Baka nga yung next EB ko e with you na, he he