Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2007

DREAMER

Everyone has his bagful of disappointments and frustrations with this country - with the way it chooses it leaders, the way its government is run and the total apathy of the citizenry to the unconscionable rape of the nation, etc, etc…

And if one were a true-blue patriot, with a deep concern for the well-being of this strife-torn land, it will not be difficult to understand why that person would end up making a loud statement, if only to arouse people from their shameless stupor.

But that is not the norm. It is one thing to be disillusioned, another to violently act on it. It’s one thing to love this country, another to threaten life and limb to inform the world about it.


Honestly, I don’t know which is worse: being a dreamer gone berserk or a totally apathetic jerk. The first doesn’t lack for passion for what is good for this country, only his means (normally taken when he reaches the end of his rope) is not acceptable to civilization. The second lacks basic civic consciousness, someone yet to get his share of civilization.

Jun Ducat versus the Pinoy man-on-the-street…. that’s the question.

I guess I’d have to grudgingly hand it down to Ducat, the dreamer gone crazy. At least, he had the guts to do something about his complaints. In my list, he toes the same line as Antonio Trillanes, who to me is good for the Senate.

I admit, I’m a coward and I truly wish I have their patriotism and conviction. Just let me think harder about the means they embraced.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Live coverage dito sa Singapore.

I don't know the whole story...

but it gave another bad impression for the Filipinos...

I don't know... sigh...